* Searchable data for 216,000 land grants including names, dates and locations for years 1663 through 1960.
* Included in the total are 10,000 grants issued by North Carolina in what is now Tennessee
* Images of all 205 existing Land Patent Books with complete metes and bounds for each patent
* Images of loose documents (surveys, warrants, receipts) for Caswell, Mecklenburg, Orange, Person, Wake, and Wilkes Counties
* 100,000 new digitial images
* Images for Patent Books 44-198
* Images for ALL of Caswell, Orange, Person, Wake, and Wilkes Counties
* Software upgrade + additional data corrections
Provides basic information on how to use this website to find land grant files.
Frequently Asked Questions about this site and its contents.
Other resources related to North Carolina land grants.
Glossary of land grant terms.
Find land grant files using a subject index.
Find land grant files based on criteria such as name, location, acres, dates, etc.
List land grant files in order by selected sequence number, such as grant number, or by date.
Browse land grant file images as copied from microfilm. It's like using a microfilm reader but much faster.
Browse card catalog images for miscellaneous grants not yet indexed on this website.
Basic information about each county.
Convert ancient measurments such as rods and poles to modern.
Sign in or register (optional).
Information about this site.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Information on how you can help me improve this site and keep it free for everyone.
The land grant images and associated data on this website were provided courtesy of the
State Archives of North Carolina,
Raleigh NC and are in the public domain. If you use this information
elsewhere, please credit the State Archives of North Carolina as the source, along with the
corresponding call number.